Gastric Malignancy: In adults, symptomatic response to therapy with rabeprazole does not preclude the presence of gastric malignancy. Consider additional follow-up and diagnostic testing.
Use with Warfarin: Monitor for increases in INR and prothrombin time.
Acute Interstitial Nephritis: Observed in patients taking PPIs.
- Tasteless granules mix with numerous foods and liquids
- Once-a-day sprinkle dosing with no pills or tablets
- Take the dose 30 minutes before a meal.
- Do not swallow the capsule whole.
- Open a capsule and sprinkle entire contents on a small amount of soft food (e.g., applesauce, fruit or vegetable based baby food, or yogurt) or empty contents into a small amount of liquid (e.g., infant formula, apple juice, or pediatric electrolyte solution). Food or liquid should be at or below room temperature.
- Do not chew or crush the granules.
- Take the entire dose within 15 minutes of preparation.
- Do not store mixture for future use.
- Take a missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to the normal schedule. Do not take 2 doses at the same time.
1. ACIPHEX Sprinkle Prescribing Information, Revised 01/2020
Most common adverse reactions (>5%) are vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, headache, and nausea
ADVERSE EVENT REPORTING
To report suspected adverse events or product complaints, please contact Aytu BioScience at 855-AYTU-BIO; FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.